Notes on SCHOOL BOARD WORK SESSION: February 11, 14
- Dr. Schumacher comments on the success of the High School Winter Formal
- Accountability Committee: Met with Global Fluency Committee-kudos to teachers who served on the committee
- M/H School Accountability-Banks Brown commends Mike Conran on Winter Formal
- Cheryl Miller-attended the Technology Committee
- Paul Reich-attended Calendar Committee meetings
- Rick Silverman- mentions that there will be orientation meetings for parents interested in the Global Fluency and how the lottery will work.
Orientation Meeting: March 11th 8:30 and 5:30pm in TES cafeteria
- Chad Terry presents TIS Literacy Instruction-
- Content vs. Skills- How do we give students skill that they need?
- Examine PBL system-teach skills through PBLs
- Orton Gillingham training has helped struggling readers
- Kathy King Dickman Workshop- TIS purchased “Making Meaning” program kits for teachers
H. Dr. Schumacher Goals Update:
Information for the Calendar for 2014-15.
- Days off have been consolidated K-12 have the same days off.
- Discussion about instituting an Early Release K-12 to provide an opportunity for teacher to have structured collaborative meetings.
- Information on Orientation meeting, why Spanish is the first choice, lottery etc.
Literacy & Math-
- Janis Heigel & Seth Berg-trainings
- Bringing in Orton Gillingham training
- Technology-TIS tech crew-kids helping teachers and peers
TSD 2027-An opportunity on March 7 & 12 for teachers & community members to look at what skills kids need to graduate
Goal: by end of May to set objectives and goals then develop an action plan
I. Paul Reich- approves the Budget discussion from last meeting
G. School Board- retreat March 13 and Work session March 18
H. Rick Silverman hope to refine process for Linkage meeting.
Notes thanks to Mary Alice Wagner